Providing more bus shelters in Jersey will make public transport more appealing to islanders.
That’s according to the Department for Infrastructure, which wants to install more shelters on various routes in the island.
Bus passenger numbers between January and August this year are more than a fifth higher than the same period in 2013, when Liberty Bus first started running the service.
Eight new shelters have been installed recently.
The department has identified the following six locations for potential installation of more new shelters:
- Greve d’Azette, opposite La Ronde Avenue
- Grande Route de St Clement, outside St Clement’s Primary School
- Red Houses, northbound at Clos de Quennevais
- St Brelade’s Bay, eastbound at Woodford Car Park
- St Brelade’s Bay, eastbound at L’Horizon Hotel
- Havre des Pas, westbound at Marett Road
The public consultation period closes on Friday 21 October.